Thursday 17 January 2013

Choosing pictures for printing


Choosing pictures for printing:

Choosing the pictures that I wanted to print wasn’t a very hard decision because I don’t believe I have that many good prints to choose from, but the ones that I liked, I thought were quite good. To make the images I chose work better together, I converted them all to black and white. I had to do this because the colours in the pictures were too different and they would look out of place together.

I decided to size my images A4 on a A3 piece of paper because I like the thick border, and I positioned the images towards the top of the paper because I grew fond of it over the street photography period.

I decided to print on photo speed high white cotton rag 315gram (fine art pager) because I have always liked a soft finish no matter what I was printing. I did try printing on 192 gram Epson matte paper but it didn’t feel substantial enough and still had a slight shine to it which I wasn’t happy with.

I don’t think that I was really inspired by one particular photographer during this assignment; I took my influences mainly from the videos that I watched.  As I only ever tried to recreate the effects the photographers produced, it could be said that my influence was a particular lighting style and it would have to be Rembrandt lighting.  

   

No comments:

Post a Comment