Thursday 17 January 2013

Banana Studio Open Day


Banana Studio Open Day

On the first of December I went to the Banana Studios open day in Newcastle. It was an unusual experience to say the least;   I was expecting it to be a day where some top class photographers were available to give some speeches in their field and for a guy called Karl Shaw to give some demos on how to set up studio lighting, which was the reason I went. As it turned out I knew most of what he was saying, so I presume that the talk was aimed at complete beginners, however I did learn a few lighting set ups, and one in particular, the Kino Flo lighting set up used by David Bailey, as shown in the picture on the left. And the other was fairly simple set up shown below.



Picture of model using the Kino Flo lighting set up taken on the day.



















The Banana Studio website was really helpful, it contained lighting tips that showed you how to setup lights for different shoots in great detail.
Pictures and diagrams from:








All of these light setups seem simple enough to create at college and all the equipment used is available to me, obviously some of the setups aren’t really relevant to portraiture because they are for hairdressing but the basics structure of the set up could be used.






No comments:

Post a Comment